The Webster County Health Unit was first established in 1957 by a vote of the people. It was funded with a .07¢ mill tax.
Today the Webster County Health Unit continues its commitment to preserve and protect public health in our community.
Current board members include:
- Chair, Shirley Jefferis Essary, Fair Grove
- Vice-Chair, Marilyn Burks, RN, Fordland (2010)
- Treasurer, Louella Tunnell, Marshfield (2014)
- Gary Haney, Seymour (2014)
- Jill Norton, Strafford (2014)
Notes from the first meeting held on September 27, 1957 read as follows:
At the first meeting of the Trustees of Webster County Health Center, the following, appointed by the County Court were present.
- B.J. Julian, Marshfield
- Guy Duggan, Marshfield
- Ted Stuber, Niangua
- Lester Williams, Fordland
- J.R. Gill, Seymour
Election of officials resulted in the following:
- B.J. Julian, Chairman
- Ted Stuber, Vice Chairman
- J.R. Gill, Secretary
Motion made and carried that the levey be set at .01¢ on each hundred dollars of assessed valuation of property in the County.
Meeting adjourned subject to call.